THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, November 26, 2010

Turkey kabobs, turkey stew, turkey cassrole....

Thanksgiving is over for another year. Had a few funny moments (at the time it wasn't funny).

I purchased new stainless steel cookware and when instructions say use lower heat...man...you gotta pay attention!!! I was cooking the gravy and moved it from a medium low burner to medium...St Helens erupted!!! I had gravy everywhere but in the pan!!! Wow...now I'm actually scared of my own cookware!!!

The day started at 4:30 AM when I left a perfectly warm cozy bed and wandered into the kitchen and decided to prep and put the bird into the roaster oven (it's new so wasn't aware of how swiftly it cooks). I was using the slow method...20 minutes at 450..the rest of the time at 250. By 10:00 AM my hubby was carving a turkey meant for 2:00 PM guests. You know how they say a turkey is done if you can easily wiggle it's legs? This one was actually doin a bow legged stance on its own!!! Haha. But, that was ok in the long run cuz all I had to do was warm it back up in foil. Bob so wanted a Norman Rockwell scene..nice brown turkey on a platter while he stood over it with his knife and sharpening rod. Maybe next year!!

We had a flurry of activity when guests arrived and gettin all the pans emptied into serving bowls..it was amazing how the men stayed hidden at that moment..grrrr...I think they felt entering the kitchen at that moment would be akin to goin' into a bee hive. But, we got it on the table..took a deep breath and asked God to bless it all. Without HIM it's just a big meal that leaves you moaning and groaning and gulping antacids, not to mention the weight gain!! But, sharing the day with our friends, laughing, watching "Miracle on 34th St." and just enjoying our bounty was awesome!! God has blessed me and I am very thankful!!!!

Now, I wish Forest Gump's friend, Bubba, was here so he could give me turkey suggestions like turkey kabobs, turkey stew, turkey sandwiches, turkey ala king, turkey mash........

2 comments:

Bob said...

I wish I could have my Thanksgiving meal as a breakfast. My plate at the 2 pm time is small compared to everyone else and even then I eat too much. I can eat a lot more at breakfast. Lets see, pumpkin pancakes, turkey sausage patty, biscuits and gravey and a muffin would do just fine with about 4 cups of coffee.

Stacey,momof 2 said...

:) My mouth is full of leftovers... the few that I have -- so I can't comment much. I'm busy eating