THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

kindness

Nov 10, 2010

Just took my granddaughter, Mia, to school. We talked about being kind. She's six. She snapped at me because I couldn't hear what she said and asked her to repeat it. I explained how unkind it was when someone has a problem they can't help to growl at them. Even with hearing aids I miss what people say. So much impatience in our world. Husbands do it, too. They talk from another room and growl when you didn't catch what was said...mine will repeat what he said in a real loud voice...I know it's out of anger and impatience. Kindness. I have hearing aids, but they pick up sounds I don't care about...road noise, turn signal dings, coughing/sneezing, but still words sound mushy or soft. I might start winging it. I did that once, but answered a question not asked...embarressing. All I ask is for kindness when I need something repeated, or if I'm trying someone's patience. Being harsh is will never bring anyone joy. I cannot ever picture Jesus snapping at His followers for having to repeat something. He's always kind even if we fail Him over and over. I want to be like Him.

5 comments:

Stacey,momof 2 said...

I agree with you FLO...
I would also mention that we all need to learn to keep our comments positive. -- I know my son struggles with this, but we are working on only commenting when it's something nice, and not saying something hurtfull or negative!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Hi Flo, I just spent a week with my folks who both wear hearing aids. I'm so glad they finally got them but wish they could remember to put them in everyday :-)

Kindness is the #1 lesson I teach my Godson, I think it's at the core of who a person should be. I'm sure your sweet granddaughter will learn so much from you as you reinforce the kindness lesson over the years.

Now as from Five Guys Burgers!?!?!? I'll have to give those a try if I ever get to Oregon again. And between you and me-- As good as In-N-Our Burgers are-- Fat Burger is even better!

Thanks for stopping by! Cheers, jj

Anonymous said...

Hi Flo, I feel for you. My Bob will say something and when I ask him to repeat it he will yell it. I just tell him to talk to me. I tell him he is saying something and there are walls between us so how am I suppose to hear with the water running or some other noise in my ears. That seems to do the trick. Sometimes I don't think they realize we can't really hear them unless they are right in front of us. I really love reading your blog everyday. Nita

Bob said...

I think Bob and I are twins. I do the exact same thing to Nita with her hearing problems.I will work on making an improvement. Thanks for sharing

ForresterMom said...

My Father in Law recently passed away at the age of 81 and on his desk were the words, "it's better to be kind than right." I will never forget that phrase and hope to teach it to both my boys.