THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Marriage is work.

well..isn't it nice when you've had an argument with your spouse to see things slowly return to normal? No big speeches. Nope, not even apologies. Just get up, dress for church, eat your waffle all in silence..but then..the small talk begins. It's slow...but oh, it's a blessing. I hate disagreements, truly I do. I feel isolated and unloved...no doubt my spouse is working through some of those same emotions. But, we talked at lunch, each are doing their own thing at home now..he's watching sports on TV and I'm at the computer, the chill in the air is lifting like the early morning fog as the voice tones return to normal. To talk about it...to apologize..to bring up the argument at all could begin a new one..so this works best for us...sometimes. Not always. Marriage is where we see how selfish we are. I've got lots of work left to do in that area..we both do. But, marriage IS work. The pay might be minimum wage, but the benefits and bonuses are worth it!!

We've traveled through other relationships at our age and are still unpacking "baggage" from those 'trips' taken before we met. Someday they'll be all unpacked...then of course, we'll be in Heaven when that happens!! Ha! I'm determined to choose an unselfish act today in my marriage...wish me luck...or better yet, pray for me!!!

1 comments:

Bob said...

Your right, marriage is work. Nita and I just finished 3 hours of housework as she is off today due to parent teacher conferences at school. Our marriage got better when we decided to sleep in seperate bedrooms. I don't keep her awake anymore as I move like a boat in a storm at sea. Must be some after effect from my Navy days.