THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, November 12, 2010

Coffee


Nov. 12th

Coffee. I love coffee. It's not that it tastes good really. I even "enjoy" bad coffee. Coffee made while camping..boiled in a rusty old perculator..luke warm coffee...but, I draw the line at weak coffee. That's just nasty water. But, coffee that causes curly hairs to grow on my chest I love!!
The words "Let's go get a cup of coffee...or Do you want to come over for coffee?" Those kind of statements/questions create a whole scene in my mind and heart. I don't think it's the beverage of choice as much as it's the togetherness. It is "I want to spend time with you" Just looking at a TV show where they hold a coffee mug gets to me. I want to be there..I want to hold a mug, too!! I watch steam wisping up from the mug..watch them blow in it to cool it off...it all creates a warmth inside me of friendship and love. It's the first thing I do each morning..stumble out to my single serve coffee maker, pop in a pod, listen to the strange sounds it makes as it's providing me a wake up cup of Joe. I carry it over to the computer, read messages and slirp the dark strong "Friend". I can feel the fog lifting and my eyes opening fully.
I'm sure there are those who get all this with tea. But, cannot imagine it happening with milk.
So, here's to you fellow coffee drinkers!!

4 comments:

Stacey,momof 2 said...

I LOVE coffee,,, but here is a random thing for you and maybe the grandkids...

simply go to www.papertoys.com and look for the turkey... PAPER FUN!

Margaret said...

I should be in bed right now (11:00pm) here, but you just made me want a cup of coffee. When I get up in the morning, I'll have coffee with you (in my mind). I got so excited when I saw that you joined me. I have enjoyed sitting here reading your stories. By the way, I totally agree on the thongs, hahaha!

Fickle Cattle said...

My blood is half made with coffee. The other half is redbull.

http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

Bob said...

Drinking coffee keeps my dad alive in my heart. He was a big coffee drinker. I have 3 morning cups during the week and at CoCos for breakfast on Saturdays I have 3 plus the one I had at home before leaving for breakfast. This morning when we walked in, a waitress said " Your usual booth is open for you". Were regulars.