THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, August 6, 2012

Stop Smoking!


Visited my cousin who is sick and in assisted living. (In the blue shirt)  They are possibly going to remove her legs from Diabetis circulatory problems. she's done drugs, and smoked. She's had a stroke or two..yet she continues to smoke!!  Here's the deal..she is one month younger than I..I turn 70 in November and she turns 70 in December. This is what smoking does!!!  But, for the grace of God go I.  I became a Christian in 1975 and quit smoking.  Thank you Jesus!!!  None of us know what the future holds health wise, but please please if you smoke...stop!!!!

5 comments:

Bob said...

Nitas brother in law John who is still waiting for hip surgery was a smoker and his wife took up the habit at age 44. We cannot figure that out. She also is in poor health. Johns future looks poor if he survives surgery. He also has suffered for years with both Liver and Kidney failure linked to smoking and drinking. Nita and I visited her aunt in the deserts his weekend and stayed overnight in a hotel. On the way home stopped in a mountain town for lunch and gifts. We had a wonderful mini weekend trip.

Tammy L Porter said...

I agree with you, Flo.

Flo said...

oh starting at 44? That's crazy..wondering if she want's to get herself lined up with him healthwise so they die at the same time? I had a friend who the day she drove to hospital to pick up her husband after his heart attack and tossed her cigarettes out, never to smoke again cuz she knew her husband had to stop. But, this starting at 44 wow.
I'm very glad I went to see her.

Bob said...

Today John went to ICU, situation critical. We really don't know what to pray for but his wife Debbie will need alot of it. Just let the Father and Jesus take care of things. You know when I passed the 70 mark it was like age from now on does not seem to be anything to think much about. I hope it stays this way. 104 outside, 108 sometime this week.

Flo said...

I don't think I could handle your weather bob...104?? 108?? no way!!