THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

State Fair

We went to the State Fair yesterday.  The budget had been cut so it just seemed smaller.  We started with art cuz usually that's the last stop and my desire to see art is non existent.  Well, I saw nothing that made me go "wow..hey Bob, look at this".  Bob was busy looking for nude photography...he pouted for an hour when none showed up.  (just kidding.there wasn't any anyway).

Got hungry.  Oh no healthy choices for this duo.  We aimed high..er I mean low...16 inch corn dogs..yeah...that thing that stretches across your plate, gouging eyes as you pass folks by looking for a place to sit in covered area.  We further assaulted our stomachs with a brick of curly fries.  Dessert:  milk shakes.

We watched some entertainment..a group of gymnists piling up chairs to stand on their hands on..tumbling..contortionists and last , but not least I THOUGHT they asked ANYONE who wanted to come up and dance with them...several kids rushed forward and I was one of them.  I handed Bob my cell which meant "hey get my picture up here dancing with this group"..but he just sat there.  So, my secret is safe...cuz in retrospect, the fact I was the ONLY adult up there makes me think the guy invited all the KIDS up.  Being a nearly 70 yr old slightly chunky woman doesn't work well with jungle dancing I've discovered so not having a picture to remember it by is a good thing.

We didn't want to ride rides.  So we wandered through what must be the most boring section of the Fair..sleeping chickens.  One fat pig (450 lbs) and her piglets then some sleeping cows and sheep.  You can see I was never a 4-H member.

All in all, the fun was being with my husband, us both in a good mood and getting tired at the same time.  We bought our Queen size set of sheets and staggered to the car on stiff legs and sore backs.

2 comments:

Bob said...

We went to our neighbors barbacue Sat. Our neighbor and 2 brothers plus 20+ cousins were there. They claim to have 500 cousins. One brother said I should drink some booze and do a dance. I said I don't drink and got up and did the Twist to show you can have fun without it. Plenty of booze there and it got loud but we still managed fun and ate tri tips. One of the brothers graduated from my High School in 1960. I looked up his picture in my High School Album and there he was. It was a great afternoon even with so much liquid and it all ended just after dark.

Tammy L Porter said...

I haven't been to the fair, yet. I haven't decided if I'm going to go or not.