THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

old boss

Met my former boss for lunch today. He's 90. Sharp with a memory that doesn't seem impaired at all. He had a friend with him. We strolled back memory lane when we worked together at DMV. Oh the stories were flyin. He knew me when I was young and thin. It was interesting to hear his perspective at our first meeting..haha. Thought I was cute, but a hippy..haha. We had some good laughs back then and aging hasn't changed anything in that regard!! Very enjoyable lunch!!

3 comments:

Bob said...

My favorite boss of all time has gone out of touch. The one I retired from was a favorite at the beginning but School Politics ruined it. Now my only school boss is the teacher for my 3rd grade class. Had open house last night and met parents. One girl calls me a hero for coming to share with her my life adventures. Your a hero for your Grand Kids I am sure.

Flo said...

I was thinking about my grandmother (Kate) and I do not recall one bit of touching except for spanking me with a coat hanger when I said "Oh pooey" when she had asked me to do dishes. No cuddling in the same bed like I do with Mia. Mia comes into my bed first thing after Bob leaves and we doze and cuddle if no school. I tell her I love her and she tells me she loves me..I got none of that from my mother or grandmother..so I'm definately doing a better job I think.

Bob said...

The same went for Rich and I. I don't know about Sue or Gwendy. No huggin that I can ever recall, so I guess we come from the same generation called "hugless". I was not a hugger for my own kids either but Nita was. That made a great difference in the outcome. My dad was not a hugger but often kept us out of moms hair enough to keep her influence at a minimum.