THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Loss of cousin and friend

Last Saturday my cousin Irene died. She was in a care center. Her husband has been her caregiver for most of the 50 years they were married..it put too much stress on his back and he began having severe pain..turned out his back was broken. They scheduled him for surgery. Meanwhile, my cousin who is blind and almost totally deaf was disorientated and unhappy in the care facility so when John had his surgery he was allowed to start his recovery in the same room with his wife. Five days later, Irene began having blood sugar drop so bad they took her to the hospital where she had a heart attack and died. As if this isn't bad enough, their daughter Trina is undergoing cancer treatments. You know sometimes life throws some major curve balls!! I do see God's wisdom, however. John and Irene were worried about how they were to care for themselves as the Care Center gave them a time limit to stay there. Irene going home to Jesus eliminates that delema.

I have many wonderful memories as children together with my cousin. It helps. Knowing the family loves the Lord helps also. How to non believers do it??

2 comments:

Bob said...

My regards to you and your loss but as you said Gods timing is always perfect if we put ourselves in His keeping. I start my everyday with a brief prayer to put this day and what future I may have into his hands. My hands are too feeble to control my destiny anyway especially as I feel the aging pains that come with the territory, 69 in July.

Flo said...

yeah..I'll be 69 in Nov..comin up too fast if you ask me!!! Thank you for your regards, Bob! I wrote a poem in a later post.