THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mother's Day

Do you have certain "special" days you wish were omitted from the calendar? I do. Mother's Day is one of them. All the dysfunctional family issues rise to the surface, the loss of one's mother, the rejection of children of their mothers, etc. You who find this a sad time can relate to me I know. May I just say, I feel your pain and this, too, shall pass!!! We got thru May Day didn't we? See..we're stronger than we think!! Some things were said that prompted this entry to my blog today and I had to unload it somewhere!! Now, I need to gear up for Father's day..that's another issue entirely. Thanks for listening. Happy Mothers Day!!

2 comments:

Stacey,momof 2 said...

I don't really "get" Valentines day-- I love my husband and kids... my family ...etc. but do I need to spend ooodles of money on one day JUST to show it?
ba humbug...
I like Thanksgiving... I'm thankful that I am a good ....eater! :)

Melba Ann Williams said...

Oh can I relate to adult child rejection. You spend your life devoting every waking hour to making sure they are safe & with every need only for them to grow up and you become the brunt of their frustrations-- mothers are more convenient. They know we will always be there for them--so why not throw us around like an old bag of garbage. The part that upsets me is what kind of signal are they sending their children who you also love dearly but do not get to see since Mom or Dad has the silent treatment going. Within my heart--I know I did my best. My most accomplished children are those who honor me as their beloved Mom--even their children fare better than the bitter ones. I have learned to love and enjoy the ones who want to be on board and pray for those who chose to fall off. It is the children who suffer the most---God Bless them. Melba Ann Williams