THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Lord chose to bless me

It's a beautiful sunny Saturday and I'm flyin high. Tomorrow, Mother's Day, usually a stressful day spent sharing my one daughter with her inlaws, being on egg shells with the other daughter, never knowing if she'll acknowledge me or not. Add to that, a son who said " I want nothing to do with you ever again" and has stuck with that since 1997 . Mother's day can easily remind me of my failures as a mother, remind me of my own selfishness in not having it "my way", and makes my husband have to pick up the pieces and make sure the day is special anyway.

Til this year.

The Lord has chosen to bless me by granting me one of my heart's desires. Having at least one of my children in church with me on Mother's day. Lunch after with the other daughter joining us, along with a precious grandchild. My husband is free to go his own way after church and not have a starring role in the drama of his wife.

I'm so happy I could burst. I wrote on Facebook I was doin cartwheels, flip flops, etc with joy!!
Such a simple decision my daughter made.."ok I'll go to church with you, mom"....and I'm filled to the brim with happiness. It is so simple really to make someone you love happy when you think about it. It just calls for laying your desires aside, think of them and make the decision.

So, I thank the Lord that He chose to bless me this Mother's Day. I'm very happy.

1 comments:

Stacey,momof 2 said...

Awww, do take a moment and enjoy this lovely weather -- breathe in the Joy... :)
Have a great Mother's Day !