THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Hello gobblers!!

Hmmm my nostrils are flaring from the smells in this kitchen.  Day began with McDonald breakfast sandwiches and coffee.  Then the clock watching because I made some of the food the night before.  Then I made a fruit salad.  Then I wrestled big bird into submission..gads they're gross when not cooked.  All that hanging flabby stuff..yeah reminds me of me in a swimsuit.

I don't stuff my bird so he's in the roaster nekkid and hollow.  I never graduated past the typical Thanksgiving feast of turkey, fruit salad, mashed potatoes and gravy, mashed yams with brown sugar, green bean cassrole and pumpkin pie..oh and stove top stuffing.  Nothing gourmet' goin on here, but it's all good.

We thought we'd be alone this year, but Bob's daughter and hubby and sweet little baby Lincoln are coming. Now it feels more family like...altho Bob and I weren't wallowing in self pity and I personally had planned to stay in jammies all day.  Thank you Candice and Roger for making me get dressed, put on some makeup, etc.

We'll sit around the table around 2pm..it's 12:30 and my thighs are beginning to quiver.  Haha..saw something funny on Facebook.."Happy Thanksgiving!  Don't forget to set your scales back about 10 lbs tonight!!!! haha.

Have a blessed day y'all.  God has given us many blessings.  We should acknowledge them all year, but at least Thanksgiving is the time to voice them for sure!!!!

1 comments:

Bob said...

WE WENT OUT TO EAT WITH BOTH OUR DAUGHTERS. FOOD WAS GREAT, CROWDS NOT THAT BAD AS WE ATE AT 12:30. CROWDS CAME AS WE WERE LEAVING. GOOD TIMING I BELIEVE. WATCHED SOME FOOTBALL AS WELL. WEATHER HERE 75+, YOU WILL GET MORE RAIN(HA). lOOK FOR NEW PICTURES ON MY BLOG. THE TRIP TO UTAH A FEW WEEKS AGO WAS TERRIFIC BUT IT IS HARD ON MY BACK FOR LONG DRIVES. I THINK WE WILL UP YOUR WAY IN JULY EVEN ON A STRETCHER(HA-HA ETC)