THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, November 19, 2012

I'm 70 now!!!! Surprise Party's rock!!

 Grandson, Brad, me and daughter, Hollee
 My oldest daughter, granddaughter, and two great grandkids!!
 My friend for over 20 years, Victoria!!!
 We had 16 at Red Robin..it was grand!!!  Gifts, Laughter, fellowship so sweet!!
 Daughter makes Jewelry..gave me two pr earrings and necklace awww...by her own hands.
 Scarf..ok I really do know the right way to wear one, so there!!!
Us girls!! 3 generations!! 
So, my birthday is actually today, Monday.  Who celebrates on a Monday???  Bob arranged for some friends and family to meet at Red Robin and it was a blast!!!  I suspected something was afoot, but just seeing different ones arrive was lovely.  In all the beauty and fun you can't help but miss the part of the family that has chosen the path of rejection.  Mad.  Robbing us and them by not participating.  Around the holidays it's especially hard or at parties like this.  But, you know what?  We get to choose to let it ruin our good time or just give it a quick thought, feel sad momentarily, and go on thanking God for who DID arrived, and What fun you had, right?  That's what I did and this is one of my favorite birthdays of all.  Ok..maybe I'm not so fond of the number..70..70 rings around my trunk if I were a tree I'd be proud right?  Ut oh I said "right?" twice..there goes the Pulitzer prize for writing...Dang!!!  But, anyway happy birthday to meeeee...it's all about me right?   Oh NO..I did it again...haha.   Ok bye.

2 comments:

Bob said...

A long time friend came by on my
70th and spent the whole afternoon with me and other family members. What can a 70 year old learn. Well, try learning to play a harmonica. I am and I make some great sounds(ho hum)sort of music and a lot of fun. The 3rd graders like it. 70 made this possible. So just enjoy life and take advantage of your new number.

Flo said...

so far I'm lovin the 70s!!! Day 2 looks to be just as wonderful as Day 1..cept for the weather of course..it's well, actually it's just as bad as yesterday!!! did I tell you Bob got me a new little camera to carry in my purse just in case..haha...have a great day..harmonica huh? that would smear my lipstick I'm afraid. hugs!