THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thursday July 26, 2012

Yoo Hoo!  Beautiful day!  I will be going to the Audiologist today.  Check out the old ears.  If you suddenly are hearing better than usual..maybe you found my hearing loss?  I've got hearing aids from a few years ago. I hate em, frankly.  It picks up the wrong sounds.  Like one time I put my hand into my garbage disposal cuz the water had been so loud that when I got the sequence wrong and turned off the water first I couldn't hear the quiet hum of the disposal.  A lemon rind started the noise..but by the time I was "in there" to get it out it had been chewed up.  Fortunately, it's a very small opening and my fingers were bunched up as I went thru the hole and the blades missed me..That bolt in the middle did a bad twist on my fingers so I got out of there.  Well you can imagine my shock when I looked at my hand and it was in pain but no cuts...the shock of knowing where it had been was pretty huge.  I call it a senior moment which could have resulted in a new nick name of stumpy fingers or something.  Thank you Lord!!!  But, all this to say..I'm getting my hearing tested.  Have a great day!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Flo! Or do I have to yell it so you can hear me!!! haha I went to an Audiologist this year and their hearing aids are so expensive that I checked around and went again to Costco and got them tested and bought my hearing aids from Costco and got the open ear one that are programmable and you don't even know they are on your ears and I just love them.
I'm sure glad that you kept all of your fingers from your episode with your garbage disposal. The Lord was watching over you that day as he is everyday. Nita

Flo said...

He has watched me over and over thru out the years Nita!!! As I get older and the senior moments come, He'll be there to whisper "pssst..hey Flo..you put the milk in the pantry hon" haha.

My new aids are covered by insurance and because he's a friend he's knocking off what insurance does not pay w/exception of deductable which is under 200 bucks. He's giving me trade in discount cuz I'm giving him my old aids. Also, if I refer Bob to him I get more discount..Bob probably isn't deaf enough yet. But when he retires..there will be no hearing aids ins.

mY hearing aids are ones that have a behind the ear part and thin clear tube that has thing to go into ear..very invisible. I said VERY INVISIBLE!

Anonymous said...

Hey Flo you sure got a deal. The audiologist Bob and I saw wanted between $3,500 and $6,000 and all I thought was I was going to look else where. The best thing to do is to hear good and since I work with kids who talk at that lower level of speech I really needed them for my work. HAVE FUN HEARING GOOD! Nita