THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, January 24, 2011

Death of an Icon

I found out excercise geru, Jack LaLanne, died yesterday at 96. I used to excercise with him during my 20's. I'd watch him on tv with my towel and chair. I remember thinking he's sure old even then..haha. I think not only did he keep moving his body, but I think he was a decent guy and stable husband, which I truly believe is all part of longevity. Good attitude, maintaining good relationships and healthy body all working together against the environment poisons. I have a long way to go. Wish I could remember what we actually did with that towel and chair, though.

2 comments:

Bob said...

He lived a long good life. I remember him as a TV Icon. Yesterday lunching with Charity and Alan we were talking about Americas adiction to pills. Dr's never talk to you about risk factors, just tests and pills for every ach pain and symptom like they did my mom. For me I'll eat my Oatmeal, coffee and Apple Pie, 4-5 walks a week and stay healthy.

Flo said...

Yeah that's true. Aunt Kathryn is on hardly anything. I take chloresterol medication and thyroid Rx and acid reflux ... is that apple pie for breakfast? I am tryin to decide which is least boring..recumbant bike or walking outside. I do have the new testiment audio device with headset I can wear to do either one..hear God's word while I excercise. Excercise body and spirit huh!!