THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, October 21, 2011


Yesterday was a fun day with my grandkids, Mia and Briley. Their mommy and I took them to the Kroc Center and we played in the swimming pool..floating down the "lazy river" and just having fun. Then on our way out detoured to the rock wall where this grandma had to give it a try!! The girl said "pretend you're climbing up a ladder" which helped me put most of the strength into my legs..I have pathetic upper body strength. We were upset at the cost of 7.00 each adult, 5.00 each child..even Briley who is 7 months old.

Saturday afternoon some friends are taking us to see The Blue Man Group up in Portland. High energy performance which I know I'll just LOVE, then out for a nice light supper after. I love this type of activity!!! Here's the website for the Blue Man
http://www.blueman.com/app/webroot/nationaltour/

Should be a blast!!

I'm trying to get motivated to clean house. It's not real bad, but needs attention which I have to confess I'm lazy about. I'd rather play on the computer.

I hope you have a fun weekend!! Tonight we're having dessert and a movie at our church. It's fun to have activities planned. Next weekend is similar in that we'll be having dinner with our "dinner for 8" group..a once a month gathering and we take turns hosting. I'm bringing a dessert.

See ya.

3 comments:

Bob said...

Yes, yes, Yes Flo loads of fun fun your having. My retirement is less exciting. Yesterday on a ladder in our back yard dealing with a tree rat, I realized ladders and me are not very good companions. My 69 year old legs felt a bit shakey. Enjoy your fantastic weekend. I listened to Blue Man, wild and crazy but exciting.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Flo you are really high up there. Great accomplishment I'd say. I don't think I could get that high. That is ridicules to have to pay for a 7 month old as they can't do anything. That seems like a rip-off to me. By the way that probably took a lot of energy to get that high and was good exercise for you too. Congratulations just for trying!!! Nita

Flo said...

thanks Nita and Bob..it was fun and I used mostly leg muscles as upper body is truly 68 yrs old..heh. I don't do ladders either Bob..it's arriving up high that's scary. We do have a zip lines activity comin up in April while on a cruise..in Santa Catalina Island..that's really high up!!!