THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mothers

I hope all of you who have mothers will honor them this coming Sunday, May 9th. My mother is gone...she was "gone" even when alive as far as sanity, but now that I'm finally grown up (and then some) I wish I could do it over. Be a good loving daughter. I was so angry at her being crazy I could not be loving and have now regrets. So, even if your mother is mentally ill, mean, rigid, anxious, immature...whatever...she did her best under the conditions she lived under. When my mother gave birth to me she didn't know her illness would progress to the degree it did.

I've failed in so many ways as a mother and it'd be real easy to say "if only" I'd had a normal mother growing up it would have been better. I don't know. I just know "regrets is looking backwards" and I need to look forward and be the best mother I can now, the best grandmother I can now...just be my best anything!!!! Happy Mother's Day to you all!

2 comments:

Bob said...

Sounds like you desribed my mother as well after all they were sisters. Where all this came from is a great mystery. It did not pass onto Sue or Richard but I got some and Gwendy got the whole thing. It is by the Grace of God that I was able to manage it. My kids and Richards kids did not get any of it. Almost like a cold you catch. Let us only pass on the LORD

hoovstir - Laurie said...

HUGS! Take what you have learned and put it to use now...which I know you are ALREADY DOING with your grandchildren. You are an awesome grandma!
Have you ever read the book, "Silenced" I should let you borrow the version before it went to hardback print. It would be helpful for you.
Love ya!