THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, October 4, 2012

100 year celebration and great reunion

Last Sunday I went to the 100 year celebration of Salem First Church of the Nazarene in Salem, Oregon.  My first pastor was there.  H. B. London.  This was back in the 70s and because of him I'm alive.  Not necessarily the part he played in my salvation..which was huge.  But, because of his prayer one Friday afternoon that God would remove my smoking habit from me.  I was already experiencing shortness of breath at age 32.  At my current age of almost 70, I'd be dead.
 
He baptized me, he performed my marriage ceremony, dedicated my kids, came to hospital for each surgery and/or birth of my kids.  He was involved in his people big time!!!

Over the years, I divorced and left the church to my ex husband.  But, it will always be my church home. Coming back for this celebration proved that to me as I saw so many dear dear friends from over the years. I attended Salem First Naz for 24 years.  Wonderful years.

Here's a few pics of the celebration. First picture..spotted HB and ran to give him a bear hug!!


This next picture posing together.


This is Bev..HB's wife.  She played the piano and was a faithful servant. Classy lady who forgot to age when I saw her at the celebration..but I don't hate her for that.


This is Sue, HB's secretary for 40 years. When he left Salem Naz to go pastor a church in Pasadena she went with him, then when he went to be on staff at Focus on the Family in Colorado Springs, Colo. she went with him there.  Dedicated employee!!! We are Facebook friends, too, so I can keep in touch!!  Now that HB is retired she stayed in Colorado while HB moved to Palm Desert, CA.

3 comments:

Bob said...

We were members of a church for 18 years until it SPLIT. This is why we are at Calvary Chapel Murietta. We love it there, big enough to stay away from the inner circle things. We arrive early at Church and you'd be surprised at how many friends we have made among 900 people. Our pastor lingers around after the first service giving us a chance to chat on occasion.

Flo said...

this pastor HB pastors a church in Sun city along with a guy named Denny Davis who used to pastor my current church..small world huh? It's some community church there. We sure lingered after last Sunday hearing HB..oh how I miss him!!!

when you write your blog does the last few lines suddenly turn blue ink and underlined? Mine does and the usual remedy doesn't work..sigh.

Philip Verghese 'Ariel' said...

Great moments from the past.
Blog letters color is to be removed since it is glittering and it gives strains to the eyes, especially to the older ones, pl. try out some other background with light color and letters, hope you don't mind.
best
phil