THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, November 21, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

All those things we take for granted suddenly come to the front as blessings during Thanksgiving time don't they. Shelter, food, family (even the ones who drive you nuts) and friends.

I'm having my husband's family (now, MY family too) over for dinner Thursday. 9 sets of legs dangling under the table. My step son and his wife are going to plow their way here through snow. God keep them safe.

Menu? Very typical. Wednesday I'll get three dishes out of the way that only need baked on Thursday...mashed potatoes, yams, and the enfamous Green Bean Cassrole. The turkey will wile away the hours in a roaster pan, no doubt remember happier days of flappying his wings, hanging out with Tom and the gang..sigh..such is a turkey's lot in life.

My table seats 8. Oval. Yeah..that 9th person..good question.

We're buying our pies from church ladies so they'll be blessed...small, but blessed. Who has room for dessert after nine lbs of turkey anyway.

I have to say, my husband's kids are NOT fussy yuppy people so I don't have to kill myself cleaning..I love that!!!

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and don't spend it alone...been there done that..tain't fun. If it appears that's the case..you go out and get a small turkey and side dishes and invite someone else who is alone!!!

1 comments:

Bob said...

Our widowed daughter choose not to celebrate TG or Christmas this first year but will host the all(some of Nitas brothers and sisters) family Christmas dinner the week before Christmas in her new home. I spent the day with her today doing things for the move this weekend. We went to the cementary and we both held on to each other and wept together by his gravesite. But she was ok not long after and her old self comes back very quickly now and is doing really great. She holds on the the faith of Jesus and says her husband is in heaven. One goodby is just another hello before you know it. Our daughter Charity and her husband will be here for TG as well as Christmas part of these days. I have a new 2nd grade class now to do my cartooning. I had asked God for another class and He honored my request. God is good, this is all He can Be.