THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Cruises ROCK!!





Hi hepcats! Did ya miss me? We're back from our road trip and cruise vacation. It took a lot to prepare for this, right Bob?

We took two days driving to get to the "Mariner of the Seas" Royal Caribbean cruise ship. That thing is HUGE..900 feet long or so, 3000 aboard..a floating city!! The huddled masses on deck around the three swimming pools.








The cruise is mostly promoting the purchase of diamonds and wine, but us nerds still enjoyed it!!! The food!!!! I'm in it for the food let's face it!! We dined in luxery every night. Two formal nights out of the seven. Room service...oh yeah, now we're talkin!

We went to Cabo where I had some food that may have caused the Mexican quick step that night..vomiting and giddy-ups. The rest of the cruise I wasn't quite myself, but managed to keep eating..haha. It was a quick weight loss so I finished the cruise without gaining any weight..boast boast.

We had a fabulous port stop at Mazatlan, however. We took a Trolly tour of the city and they stopped at very interesting places. At this big church they were holding mass, but we were allowed in anyway. I was skipping off to a department store restroom (Banos) when Bob saw a parade outside the church. My bladder causes me so much grief...hehe.

We saw venders selling all kinds of stuff...hats..jewelry...dives. We ate at a very nice ocean side outdoor cafe. I enjoyed a nap and cuttin up with the Trolly driver. That was my favorite stop.

Puerto Vallara was another story. Oh my garsh. We foolishly believed the guy pushin us to take a van tour. Promises of this stop, and that. We piled into the van with 8 others and I immediatly got claustrophobic and drop kicked Bob into my seat and threw a very nice lady over against the window so I could have her spot near the door. It was soooo stinkin hot!!! The promised air condition was missin some freon or whatever it's called cuz it wasn't workin!!!! This guy took us to the ugliest parts of Puerto Vallara. We saw the beautiful part whizzin by the dirty windows with no pause to take any pictures.

First stop...a hole in the wall jewelry store for free Marquitas. Yeah right...we don't drink, but even I could tell they were watered down. Bob and I drank our thimble full of pepsi. Next stop was along the very bumpy road where we could be enticed to buy junk from the roadside "mall" .
Coconut anyone?
So many Iquanas...so little time. After that stop, it was off to the jungles. We drove for miles and miles being jerked side to side and back and forth in the van as the driver weaved around potholes big enough to disappear in. We did eat a snack lunch at a very nice outdoor cafe. Needless to say, we were sweaty and exhausted after that "tour" and headed for the pool to recover.

I love cruising. The shows were fabulous. I saw a spectacular ice show..amazing what they can do on so small a rink.

After the cruise, we headed south to San Diego to visit my aunt and worked our way north in California visiting family. We stopped to visit Alcatraz while in San Francisco..fasinating. I hope I never go to prison!!!

We had an uneventful return drive home and now it's over. We have 400 pictures, a hat, a tee shirt and my continuing stomach problem to cherish as memories of one of the best vacations we've taken. I'd do it again in a heartbeat..well..except eating at that cafe in Cabo. But, we learn don't we!! Adios.

2 comments:

Bob said...

Wow, what a time you guys had. Cruises are out of our future as my retirement $$$$$ are very limited. Our good friends in GPass go on few each year includding Alaska. This is where I would love to cruise to, no heat or humidity Glad you got to visit our aunt. While in the Navy I once went thru the Panama Canal both ways. I recall the tropical mugginess. BOB

Stacey,momof 2 said...

LOVE the new Spring look...
Reading your post exhaused me ..
I'm gonna go nap...catch ya on the flip side!