THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

On a serious note...How do you handle loss?

I will usually post goofy stuff..but there's a serious side to me as well. Here's my attempt at a serious blog:


How does one deal with loss? My pastor's daughter just gave birth to a baby girl..a few days later her 4 yr old sister passes out. An inoperable brain tumor. She was put on life support. Then came death..all before a week's time. There's another little girl in the family who has no clue why her older sister is gone and this new baby is here. Was there a trade? How do you deal with that?

Being a Grandmother, I've gone through a couple situations with my grandson where he was not expected to live. I watched my daughter suffer as she feared the worst. I was facing the loss of a grandchild. Double trouble.

Here's the difference between getting through it and not being able to get out of bed from grief.

Jesus.

All my hope is wrapped up in trusting Jesus to know what He's doing. I choose not to ask why. I choose not to raise my fist in His face, although He can take it.

In my grandson's situation, I chose to believe life and mercy. When the enemy of my soul would come creepin around whispering "he's gonna die", or "aren't you mad at God for not doing anything?" I chose to rebuke him in the name of Jesus. As long as my focus was on the Lord, not the circumstances I was strong, I was at peace. One day I let my guard down, I wasn't focusing on Jesus, I was wringing my hands in terror. My peace was GONE!! I walked around the house crying all day long. I was back on track the next day and was able to walk in peace again. HE does make a difference.

My pastor loves the Lord with all his heart and soul. I trust Jesus is pouring out a huge portion of peace into this man and his family. Like the bible says..we don't grieve as those who have no hope. We KNOW we'll see our loved ones again. What do the unsaved say to themselves for comfort? Memories can only take you so far. I am praising God that on that April day in 1975 I chose Jesus as my Lord and Savior. Never will I face life's blows alone. I hope you know Him. In this world we WILL have tribulation, but facing them without Jesus, unthinkable. Flo

2 comments:

Stacey,momof 2 said...

I read this post yesterday, and I decided to wait to comment. I wanted to think about it.
Maybe when something happens- it's not always our pain or our lesson to go through, sometimes I think God gives challenges to those who will shoulder the load. And sometimes I think that he wants some to show others' how best to deal with loss and grief.
Our wisdom is not HIS,
and yet He is perfect in HIS wisdom!

Gina Harris said...

It's SO sad and we will never understand why this type of thing happens until we get to heaven. We just know that God is sovereign and in control. That HAS to be enough. I'm just thankful that I am not in control.