THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, February 4, 2013

I just realized I miss skiing.  Was I good at it?  No.  Snow Plow Queen.  But, it, as in cartwheels, was something I enjoyed.  The brisk cold air, puffy outfit and perky stocking cap.  Clunking around in ski boots that hurt my feet, but that feeling of being in the loop.  Being part of the "in" crowd.  They didn't know I wasn't good at skiing.  Drinking hot cocoa in the lodge.  Fun times.  The reality once I 'hit the slopes' was terror, people wooshing by me as I snow plowed my way down the baby hill.  I did get pretty fast actually skiing on one of the beginner hills, however and it was wonderful.  I stretched myself by taking on the more difficult runs, but it wasn't fun and I discovered my great capacity to whine...which led to wine..which led to "who cares" haha.  I haven't tried to ski since becoming 70..or even in my sixties..actually my last time was in my late 40s.  Divorce sometimes changes your sport choice.  I remarried and my husband's thing is baseball.  Now, I go to ball games all summer and dream about the skiing days in winter.

3 comments:

Bob said...

So my blog today reminded you of your early years of skiing. I only did sleds. We rode on Jeannas dog sled a few times when she and Charlie lived up north. That was fun racing thru the forest. She has 4 sled dogs remaining. One time when we lived in Independence Oregon Nita and I took our car for a real spin on the ice. Made some nice circles and memories

Bob said...

It is cold again after yesterdays rain and hail. This made me drop instant coffee and I bought a new coffee maker today at Target. I was at Barons health food store and got some Peerless Macadamia Nut ground coffee. Boy does it smell good and tomorrow morning my first taste. Can hardly wait. Cannot get anything like it in instant. Snow in our mtns again

Bob said...

I tossed the coffee I bought out. It had no coffee taste, so today I got some Target brand medium roast coffee, the regular stuff. No more experiments with flavors. I like the taste of coffee the way it should be. I drank some coffee in the Navy but it was not great. It was 40 years later when I started coffee again to wrap up my 25 years as a computer tech.