THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Time is goin...

Today is my youngest daughter's 34th Birthday.  Time is goin..

In reflecting back it's mind boggling how fast 34 years went by.  I was 36 when I had her..so that went pretty doggone fast, too.  I'm 70 now and realizing I've had 70 birthdays, 70 summers, 70 Christmas's, all of it just a blur now.  Two different lifetimes...one before Jesus, one after when I met Him at age 32.  I've experienced evil, good, and all in between.  I've sinned, and been forgiven countless times...but God has never said "enough, I'm done with you, Flo".  No, He has always been faithful.  He was there in the darkness of abuse as a child, He was there in all my marriages (4 in all).  He's been there thru thick and thin (yeah, I used to be thin..haha). 

If you do not know Jesus as your Savior and friend...time is goin...don't let death catch you without Him.

2 comments:

Bob said...

I have never been thick and too thin now at my BMI of 16 but no matter the weight, the weightiest part of life is what we do with Jesus. I realize the most influential person when I was young on my God journey was Grand Ma Avery in Exeter where some of my fondest memories were made and remain to this day as I struggle now with back pain at 70, cheers

Flo said...

answered this once, but don't think it posted. My memories of grandmother Avery are different. I recall such strictness. I did enjoy eating out after church, riding in their new Buick, my beautiful bedroom there, but when I think of all the hugging and kissing and touching between my grandkids and me my grandmother never did any of those things..I do remember spankings tho. Glad your memories are better.

Sorry about your back pain. That's got to be miserable. I finished all my tests and the option offered to fix my problem is too invasive and scary for me so I say nay. Hug Nita for me!!