THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Well..had dinner with my oldest on thursday..didn't know that was the mother's day celebration so NOTHING happening on Sunday..boo hoo.  I have another daughter and a son.  Asked daughter to go to church with me on Mother's day..no..Son doesn't speak to me so nothing happening there.  But, you know what?  I've finally reached a plateau.  I have zero expectations and that has helped me cope with the sadness.  When I invited my daughter to church I fully expected the liklihood of a negative reply so was able to say "Ok, if you change your mind you know where it is".  As for my son..he's an adult and can choose who he wants to  hang out with and it's not me.  I try to stay focused on a loving God and not look to the left or right where I see children honoring and loving them moms.  Of course, they were good moms and I had many failings.  I'm thankful for the forgiveness my Heavenly Father has bestowed on me and perhaps one day I'll get a wonderful surprise when that spills over to my kids.  I babysit a lot for my grandkids and know I am being used by my daughter, but how can I change that?  I love my grandkids!  As you can see by my writing this blog, I really am not ok with the whole thing and am quite sad.  But, this, too, shall pass.

5 comments:

** Michelle ** said...

Hi Flo, thanks for sharing this post. I just wanted you to know that I'm praying for unity, peace, healing, and salvation in your family. There were SO many years that I said no to my mom about going to church and a few years that I didn't talk to her either because I was hiding in my shame and because of the way she used to treat me. But now, I with honor serve the Lord with gladness, and I see my mom so much she's probably getting tired of me (I learned to forgive her by realizing that though she messed up a LOT, she really did do the best she knew how). Find hope in one prodigal (me) that found her way back. Just want you to be encouraged, God's not finished ... He's the Repairer of the breach, may He heal the broken pieces.

Much love & God bless!
Michelle (@answer4theailin)

Bob said...

Flo, I have the same expectations with my sister Suzzane now. it's like she died and just went away. She only lives less than 50 miles away. Did she speak to you at Arts memorial? Like you, it is sad especially when I look at pictures of Sue with me when I was just 2. We just have to move on. It is just Jesus and you and anyone who is willing to listen which is often no one.

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, Flo!!!
This is the first year without my mother and I miss her very much. I wish she was still here but life goes on and on. All you can do right now is just be the best mom you can be right now and I believe you are and the Lord will have to take care of the rest. I pray for my girls every day knowing that we all believe the same way and we all know where we are going when it's our time. Have a great Mother's Day! Love from, Nita

Tammy L Porter said...

Happy Mother's Day, Flo! :)

Flo said...

blessings on you all and thank you for the encouragement. michelle, thank you for instilling hope in me!