THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, February 24, 2012

elderly

I'm really not a blogger am I. A true blogger wouldn't let this much time pass by without blogging something.

Yesterday we thought we'd become new grandparents, but the hospital didn't agree and sent everybody home. The C-section is scheduled for Feb 28th now. Another little one to perhaps babysit from time to time. Problem is..it's getting harder and harder when they reach about six months, especially if heavy kids. What happened to featherweights? I weighed 4 lbs (month early) so I bet my grandparents had trouble losing me not dropping me. The time since that event has been 69 years and trust me..I blinked as a newborn..then when I opened my eyes I was 'elderly'. Yeah, that's a real word that actually applies to me now. Yikes.

You think of all kinds of things about yourself, your future, even your death, but never do you envision being "elderly". It's kinda interesting. My fingers have always been blunt and a nail biter. But Arthritis has moved in to the joints and now my hands operate differently. It must happen at night while asleep cuz I never see the swelling happening.

Energy is less. I have a choice between napping or drinking more coffee to get a new boost for the day. Quicker to have the coffee. but, my new found energy seems to end up in the bathroom after I drink it.

Inside resides this really young thin girl. That's the weird part. A glance in the mirror is mind boggling. Who IS that 'elderly' person reflecting back?

But, by gum, I do still have my own teeth.

1 comments:

Bob said...

Drop the ly and this is what we are at 69. Webster says that an elder is one having authority by reason of age and experience or simply said of higher rank. It helps to know that what we are expected to do with this eldery thing: show others how to live so that we end up living with GOD.