THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Merry Christmas

Christmas week. Lots to do. Tryin not to lose Jesus in all the wrapping paper and grocery bags. I can see where it would be more relaxing if it really was JUST about Jesus..how calm, how relaxed and how quiet it would be. But, the good thing about the commercial side is family. Getting together with family. I'm hosting 12 of us this year. There will be enough people that if I don't get to my floors who will know? Lights will be dim, packages all over the place..so I'm choosing to have the right focus. I love Jesus and I love my family. Yes, there's disfunction cuz there's been divorce. Yes there's multiple gatherings as you meet with this family, that family, etc. But it's also FUN!

I'm so glad Christmas is Sunday this year..go to church to start the day right. I've known years of lonliness and poverty during Christmas and it's a downer. For those of you recovering from a loss, it's especially difficult. But, you WILL get through it if you concentrate on Who we are celebrating the birth for!!! Love to all!!

3 comments:

Bob said...

Nita and I will stay home on Christmas. I will cook Nita Breakfast and watch our church on our computer and later our other daughter and her husband come over for presents. Dinner somewhere yet to be determined. Widowed daughter will not celebrate at all but the sorrow has more light now thanks to the Grace of our Father in heaven where her husband lives.

Flo said...

sounds like a stress free Christmas. Sure be easier to eat out..I'm gettin too old for this mass cooking! This year I decided to have the youngins just come without cooking anything to bring. Grandkids that are grown have kids to deal with and work outside the home..daughter Kathy works her tail off and Hollee has a new job plus two kids to wrestle with..so I'll do the whole shebang cuz one day they'll say, "Oh grandma, it's ok, you don't have to fix anything, just come"

I'm becoming addicted to Twitter AND Facebook. I wrote as a 'funny' .. "cleaning house today. By cleaning house, I mean being on facebook and twitter after spraying everything with Febreze"..hahah! Merry Christmas dear cousin!

Bob said...

Next Dec 21 is suppose to be doomsday according to all the far out end of time folks. NASA says no way and GOD says it is not yet time. So merry Christmas 2012