THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Energizer Bunny ruined it

I'm still scratchin my head over an incident today. My hubby and I walked into an office supply type of store. We saw the laptop we've been searching for. Had it in our hand along with a Flash Drive and went to pay for it. A nice girl had been helping us find what we wanted. The guy at the check out desk started trying to sell us more stuff. We kept saying all we want are these two items. At one point Bob said "I'm this close to just leaving the store without buying this laptop if you keep talking" The guy was like an Energizer Bunny and was unable to stop his "car salesman" approach to selling us what we didn't want. Finally, Bob said..that's it..grabbed his credit card and prepared to leave. He turned to another salesman and said "who's your manager?" The man said.."that guy you just argued with is the manager". We couldn't believe it. The Energizer Bunny was willing to let $600.00 go out the door. So, it did. We left without any purchase. It's too bad for us as the laptop was a sweet deal..but that guy tossed too much vinegar into the mix turning it sour. Unbelievable.

A couple days later I drove down to Albany and bought the laptop. When they started to expound like that other guy, I gave them a look combined with "been there done that" speech.
I'm enjoying our new laptop very much!!!

0 comments: